Friday, January 1, 2010

01/01/10

Happy New Year! Wow, I can’t believe it’s 2010. It seems like time is passing quicker than ever. My ten year high school reunion is this year, which really amazes me. I cannot believe that I graduated so long ago and yet I don’t feel old at all. Sometimes I find myself still thinking, acting, and feeling like a 22 year old.
I’ve often found it hard to “feel” like an adult. Here I am about to turn 28 in March and I have yet to think of myself as a career woman and still find myself stuck in the typical college wear. Poor Rob is constantly pushing for me to dress more like a woman, as he calls it, then a college student. I guess I have to admit, to myself more than anyone else, that I am stuck on campus. I’ve been afraid to move into adulthood and take control of my life and turn it into what I want it to be. But not anymore!

Today is the start of my journey of rediscovery that I’ve been working toward for the last few months. I am ready to get behind the wheel and take full control of my life…with God’s map…and hit the road of life with the top down and radio blasting.

A couple of days ago, I went through my closet and removed several items that I no longer wear and no longer need to wear…my husband was so supportive that he helped picking the items…lol. I replaced many of my t-shirts (not all of them…I love them too much) with more confidence, power, and grown up inducing apparel.

I’m still embracing my immature, college girl; however, that’s to learn and grown. Teach her new things and gradually become the adult that I know I can be, so I don’t feel like I’m faking it.

This is going to be a great year with amazing changes and growth for me. I know that there will be many struggles, but I know that they will be worth every learning experience that they bring with them. I pray that this is also a start to a happy and prosperous new year for my friends, family, and you, who are reading this. I am exciting about my journey and am so happy to be here…ready to change…ready to grow and learn…and most of all, ready to be happy…happy with my life and happy with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment